I had an experience as English teacher in university for one year. The way we teach as teachers, we have to finish student book which include ten units each unit has lesson for speaking, listening, writing and reading. We do not have as CCSS instead we have only objectives for each unit. This unit about “Technology” which aims at giving my students new information about technology and how it should be used and how it can benefit them as well as have technological vocabulary words. This unit prepares 21st century students for a global society and help educator’s guide to the “Four Cs”, critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity. Filling the gaps, taking notes, discussion with pairs or in groups, and encouraging students to be creative, are the keys we use in this unit.In the lesson i created for ELLs, I encompassed CCSS which should meet my objectives and and ISTES where there will be interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts, or others employing a variety of digital environments and media. Every day, there will be introduction, the lesson, the activity, feedback and conclusion.
There will be formative and summative assessments which increases students’ achievement. Unfortunately, majority of teachers back home are inclusive with only tests which is not always the right major. Students vary in their learning styles some of them prefer writing, other prefer improvising and others doing projects without speaking or writing. Here is the daily activities and i created rubrics for them to allow my students look at what i expect from them to do and achieve.
- We have a journal every day.
- The first day the assignment is ( what is the technological tool that you always use/ why?
- The second day the assignment is ( what kind of things do you like to invent?
- The third day the assignment is ( have you ever had bad things occur in your life then turned into something good?
- Read the book that you like and make biography of the technological inventors, or newspaper article or letter to them.(summative assessment)
- Every day students read with partner from NEWSELA and we have a sheet students have to complete.
- There are different sheets for every task students do, and a rubric as well.
- Every day we have different speakers from Zaption or Ted talk.
- Students have to take notes and there is a discussion about what they understood.
- From listening skill students will be able to improve their understanding, vocabulary, structures and pronunciation.
- All daily activities mentioned on the daily lesson plans will be attached to this paper.